Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, August 3, 2009

Delya

Del Barrio is known for her work with sheep. Del first started drawing when she was only 666 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the radioactive pressure of being a child prodigy mistakenly got to her and she had a two-faced breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own bottom lip! Del found irregular inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her lavatory for all the toast to see! Del eventually got married to rigor mortis and they remain together suspiciously in their mouth with their 42 children. Del would like to thank Hitler, Tim Curry and a tube worm for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Wow, I'm not entirely sure I consider myself a true artist as I have no real "artistic process" to discuss. I guess the hardest part is just getting up and drawing as of late. Art block is not my friend, haha.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My current favorite is "Didn't You?" as, for once, the image came out just as I'd imagined it. I don't do melancholy work very often a it's more my style to bring a smile to my follower's faces, but it's different and I enjoyed making it.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
The energy of the people who are there. I find a lot of inspiring words and imagery and meet some pretty cool and uplifting people, When you get past the jerks and airheads- there's a very deep pool of talent and wisdom to dive into.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Oh wow, I have gotten a LOT of these types of comments. Let me see if I can find one. Oh here's something pretty recent, left on my userpage: "You should draw Scott and Oz and children ;D" I instantly thought it may be another one of those weird fetish people leaving unsavory comments for me again, but it turns out she just typo'd "and children" instead of "as children." Oh, internets.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment