Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

VISOR05records

Vandenweghe Frits is known for his work with trees. Vandenweghe first started drawing when he was only 7 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the fancy pressure of being a child prodigy extremely got to him and he had a astonishing breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own eye! Vandenweghe found eye-catching inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his very own room for all the watches to see! Vandenweghe eventually got married to a note and they remain together expensively in their car with their 3 children. Vandenweghe would like to thank Jay Breydel, Victoria Hesketh and the Thorny Devils for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part of making artphotos (because I always try to find something where I can tell a story about, although not being journalistic) is going on the road looking for normal or strange things. Just jumping on my bike and going downtown (or somewhere else) and look for stuff that intrigues me.
The hardest part of my way of making art is probably when I got an idea for a photo, is "how do i realize it". Since I don't have any funds as a 17 year old with a camera. I always try to realize them at the moment, but mostly it fails.
Then I usually put those ideas in my freezer and maybe someday I will be able to realize them. I never forget those ideas because I think they are genius.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favourite piece is called"to fall for by" because it shows one of the most important purposes of photography. "to show what we don't see", in the world we daily walk there are 1000 of things we walk by and don't even notice. This photo shows a tiny plant in make growing itself to show itself to the large world. In a few years it will be larger then us.
so why not pay some attention to the small details in the world?

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I used to visit the site like a year without an account, but I was already doing some photography, small scale stuff with a digital camera, but the photo's and the ideas were good.
So I wanted to have some critique because critique can always make your art better (building critique).

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Ok, the superweirdest comment I've heard was

"*coughs up blood* "I'm sorry scissors, I... I don't got the money."
"Well, I guess I'm going to have to chop yo head off."
"NOoooOOoOoO!!!" *wakes up from nightmare, only to be eaten by a clown""
on "the luck bringer"


I think its a madman who tried to steal the money that was on the photo (laughs)





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment