Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Taasia

Taasia is known for her work with stars. Taasia first started drawing when she was only 82 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the amazing pressure of being a child prodigy quickly got to her and she had an old breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own eyes! Taasia found tall inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her kitchen for all the houses to see! Taasia eventually got married to a field and they remain together extremely in their car with their 13 children. Taasia would like to thank Susan Brownell Anthony, Hugh Jackman and a cat for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Well, for me it's trying to get what's in my head out onto the canvas, computer or paper as I see it. Sometimes I have great ideas but during the creation process I'll run into some sort of road block, something isn't appearing right. Other times I'll have too many ideas and there will be a bunch of half started projects.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I have several and can't really narrow it down to just one. But the one that was the most difficult and one of my favorites is [link] I was pleased with how the depth of field and the wings turned out. Those wings were a pain because I couldn't find any pre-made wings that were just how I needed them to be. I nearly gave up several times and was so happy when it finally came together.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I love how all the artist on DA really support each other. It's so nice to see so many amazing artists from all different mediums coming together and sharing their tips and creations. It's inspiring and motivating.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I haven't had any weird comments yet. I'm sure my time will come.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment