Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mitengu

Miguel Galue is known for his work with tomatoes. Miguel first started drawing when he was only 3.14 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the ignorant pressure of being a child prodigy at least got to him and he had a kaleidoscopic breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own ear! Miguel found telepathic inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his kitchen for all the owls to see! Miguel eventually got married to circus and they remain together mostly in their boat with their 79 children. Miguel would like to thank Napoleon, Gandhi and an octopus for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part of the artistic process is to come up with concepts for my illustrations. I usually take traits of characters I liked during my childhood and meditate on it for a week at least. I sketch a lot! These characters’ backgrounds ignite the process, but the results end up really far off my starting point.

The hardest part of the artistic process for me is execution. I worry too much about details that I find later unimportant (application of colour, inking, etc.). Recently I aim at accepting my art as it is, not perfection. The perfect drawing is in the mind, and the resulting illustration will always be a distortion of that perfect model.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
From my collection so far, my favourite piece is “Musica II”. What this drawing really illustrates is the very moment of inspiration. The artist becomes almost insignificant: just a child in awe against the towering Muse.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I just found in DA certain artists that want to walk their own path, that want to find their own artistic language. The opportunity to share with these artists is what draws me to DA.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Comment on “Sunday”: “BTW nice photo I love your hair”…Give me a break, it’s horrible and messy!! Hahaha!





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment