Art Libs on Twitter

Friday, July 3, 2009

L0C0CH0C0B0

Joyce Hedelund is known for her work with flamingos. Joyce first started drawing when she was only 26 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the oily pressure of being a child prodigy smoothly got to her and she had an indigo breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own bellybutton! Joyce found shiny inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her kitchen for all the duct tape rolls to see! Joyce eventually got married to a sock and they remain together magically in their outhouse with their 3487563298 children. Joyce would like to thank the Statue of Liberty, Michael Phelps and her donkeys for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part for me is that I always have my resources available (my color pencils, blending sticks, soft pencils, etc.) and with these it gives me the power to feel like I can do anything xD (especially with my blending stick, I LOVE to blend). The hardest part...is patience. I need lots of time to draw something that I really want to put my heart into. The most frustrating part is that I never know when my work is actually finished, because I do agree that all art is never fully complete. But usually the more effort I put into something, the more I like it. :]

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favorite piece is the portrait I did of my loving boyfriend David. I put a lot of effort into this one, and seeing his smile every time I see it makes me happy. ^^

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
DeviantART is an amazingly diverse community. At first, I thought Da was only popular in USA. I was really surprised to run into many talented artists from different countries. It's not just the cultures that are diverse here, but the types of art work as well. Da has photography, photomanipulation, traditional/digital art, 3D art, literature...you name it! The variety is what keeps this place interesting, and I feel happy knowing that I get to contribute to this diversity.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
"Gawd this thing is giving me cavities and diabetes all at the same time XD This thing is sooo adorably CUTE!" -comment by JillValentine89 on "If politics were cute"





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment