Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kerem Beyit

Kerem Beyit is known for his work with people. Kerem first started drawing when he was only 7 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the best pressure of being a child prodigy slowly got to him and he had a maddening breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own hand! Kerem found fat inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his kitchen for all the curtains to see! Kerem eventually got married to pencil and they remain together fortunately in their shack with their 17 children. Kerem would like to thank Stalin, Frazetta and the cats for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Working with digital media has its advantages, namely it gives you the freedom to
venture out without having to worry about ruining your piece since you can always
go back and correct your mistakes. The most challenging part must be coming up with a
composition that works perfectly.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I don't have one :)

How would you describe your style? What makes your work unique?
I use light and shadows effectively to make my composition look its best.
I also use textures excessively to give my piece a more realistic look. Other
than that, I don't have a unique style, and I don't think any good illustrator should,
we have to be able to deal with anything the client throws at us.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I don't really take time to read the comments I receive on my galleries, since I'm very big on the
self-criticism department as it is :)





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page and his personal (and wicked!) web site! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment