Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, July 27, 2009

Humanization

Yasmine is known for her work with artists. Yasmine first started drawing when she was only 6 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the funny pressure of being a child prodigy quietly got to her and she had a beautiful breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own eyes! Yasmine found deviant inspiration from the lost limbs and decided to frame it and hang it in her bedroom for all the kings to see! Yasmine eventually got married to journalist and they remain together funnily in their house with their 2 children. Yasmine would like to thank Mahatma Gandhi, Steve McCurry and the tigers for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Well I think coming up with the idea is the easiest part, because I constantly get these flashes of inspiration but actually taking the picture and presenting it the same way I see it in my head seems to be the hardest part. It takes some time to find the right picture which is like what I initially had in mind or the closest I can get to it, and its also quite difficult setting up for the picture, if its like in a photoshoot or something, that takes some time and patience to get it right, but its still loads of fun!

Which is your favourite piece and why?
That's quite difficult but I think I would have to say my favorite piece is probably 'The Arabian Mask' because it was basically the first piece I edited and came out with something I was very proud of. I'm also very fond of 'Oppression' because not only is the symbolism behind it very important to me, but also because it was my first oil painting and I worked on it for a very long time and actually really enjoyed every brush stroke!

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
What I love about deviantart isn't only that there are just so many pictures out there, you can never really run out of pictures to see, there are always new and amazing pieces to see every single day, and I think that really encourages me to do better, I see so much amazing art and it inspires me to try and do better and create such amazing work!

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
This one guy once commented on my picture saying that he really liked it but thought the table was too dusty lol it was something I had not payed any attention too lol but he was just like the dusty table ruins the shot lol





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment