Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Alexds1

Alex is known for his work with boxes. Alex first started drawing when he was only 33 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the spherical pressure of being a child prodigy terribly got to him and he had a scaly breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own kidney! Alex found soft inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his bathroom for all the coffee cups to see! Alex eventually got married to a telephone and they remain together dejectedly in their barn with their 8 children. Alex would like to thank Stalin, Andrew Zimmern and the buzzworm for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest for me has always been drawing emotions. I started out drawing a lot of emotional faces because I didn't know how to draw anything else, haha. On the converse side, drawing technical backgrounds is something I still have trouble with. Especially cars, which I'm doing my best to avoid drawing at all times.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I don't really have a favorite, I tend to get tired of looking at my stuff as soon as I finish. But if I had to choose I guess I'd say "Three Dapper Fellows," since it made my friend happy.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
When I first started I really only wanted attention, but now I enjoy using the site to find art styles and people that I admire! I've learned so much by simply being able to browse and connect with such wonderful and talented people.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
The strangest comments I've been getting have all been on the one piece of Pokemon fanart in my gallery. The piece in question was a joke comic about how my brother had accidentally killed the rarest Pokemon in the game... some people were getting really upset over its "death," saying that I was evil and stupid or something ridiculous like that... I think its more a matter of keeping elementary school kids off the internet, haha.





Please make sure to check out out his deviantART page or his personal web site! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment