Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Aleksandracupcake

Aleksandra Marchocka is known for her work with cakes. Aleksandra first started drawing when she was only 3 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the sick pressure of being a child prodigy amazingly got to her and she had a tropical breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own piehole! Aleksandra found sweet inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her bedroom for all the pillows to see! Aleksandra eventually got married to jar of marmalade and they remain together often in their cottage with their 24 children. Aleksandra would like to thank Rasputin, Gandalf and Mr. Kitty for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
For me the easiest part of the process is creating new artwork concepts in my mind. New ideas and visions come to me all the time and I love commiting them to paper.

The hardest part is finding time to turn all concepts into illustrations. I have so many ideas in my head and sketches on paper but there's just not enough time to turn them all into graphic works.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I'm not sure which work is my favourite - it depends on my mood. That's why right now I would choose my older illustration "Horsefly" because of its soft color scheme and melancholic atmosphere. Besides I love drawing horses and nudes and this piece has them both.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
Deviantart has a very big audience so my graphics can be easily found by people from around the world. It's important for me to know how other people react on my illustrations and sometimes I receive really great advices or interesting opinions from other DA users. They allow me to look at my work in a new way.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I received many weird comments but the most strange (and funny) for me was about my work "Princess Pink Diarrhea" where you can see a kitten's butt. One person wrote an angry comment that the cat's anus on this work looks more like a human anus and I musn't mix anuses of different species like that because it's just wrong.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page and her personal web site! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

1 comment:

  1. I can only say ~:OUTSTANDING:~
    Give this world some more out of your gray or pink cells.

    ReplyDelete