Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, June 1, 2009

Nati

Natalia Pierandrei is known for her work with fossils. Natalia first started painting when she was only 7 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the luxurious pressure of being a child prodigy profoundly got to her and she had a glorious breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own head! Natalia found beautiful inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her library for all the pixies to see! Natalia eventually got married to a walrus and they remain together swimmingly in their house with their 87children. Natalia would like to thank Charles Robert Darwin, nobody in particular and a cat for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
For me, sketching is the easiest part of the artistic process. I can sketch very quickly the basic drawings for a new piece of art and I have so many ideas for new paintings practically every day that the early stage of a project is not a problem for me. Inking and painting is a little bit harder, especially because I’m not a digital artist and traditional techniques processing necessarily requires long time to be completed.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Often, my favourite pieces are not the same ones that my fans adore! I mean, 'Silence' is one of the paintings of mine I like more, however it gets less pagehits than pieces like ‘The Czarina Queen’ – not more on my dA gallery – or the recent 'A Romance of Victorian Age'. My favourite pieces are of course those which have taken me a lot of time and energy to be finished, like for example 'The Lake' that is a huge and very detailed illustration or the above mentioned 'Silence' illustration, for the suggestions, feelings that it might evoke. But I think people is usually more interested in my ‘easy’ works. I mean, pieces not very detailed - usually having blank background - that might be noticed without difficulty in a online community. That sometime makes me a little bit disappointed, it seems people don’t recognize and enjoy your efforts to get better or do something different and more elaborated, but only appreciate images that can be easily used as avatars in their myspace/facebook pages LOL

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I joined deviantArt totally by chance and speaking honestly I started posting there my works only months after I became a member of it. Despite the fact that thanks to dA I’ve known some of the most wonderful persons I’ve ever meet in my artistic life and deviantArt actually has helped me a lot to promote my work worldwide, I've never taken an active part in this community. In the past, I stopped posting my pieces there for months and now I’ve started again to upload my paintings only because are collaborative projects I’m working on with other talented deviants. Many of the illustrations I did are not displayed in my dA gallery, I prefer posting them on my personal website or blog. I should say that deviantArt is amazing for promoting your work. From this point of view, probably it’s one of the best online communities, however is quite dispersive and superficial in my opinion. Sometimes I feel like to be a member of Facebook in its artistic model!

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I've had some proposals of marriage, me too! Maybe, I should take them seriously into consideration, who knows! LOL

The weird comments? Probably those written by people asking me which graphic programs I use to make my illustrations, though I'm a traditional artist and all my pieces are classified as Traditional Work!






Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

1 comment: