Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, June 15, 2009

LillianAlyse

Lillian is known for her work with feathers. Lillian first started drawing when she was only 4 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the sparkly pressure of being a child prodigy gently got to her and she had a black breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own wrist! Lillian found spicy inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her boudoir for all the mirrors to see! Lillian eventually got married to a pearl and they remain together sweetly in their cottage with their 12 children. Lillian would like to thank Napoleon, Audrey Hepburn and a goose for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part of the artistic process is the beginning, the initial inspiration. All it takes is a pretty thought, a moving song lyric, an simple idea and I can get started. The difficulty lies in staying motivated long enough to finish the piece. Once the basic elements of the image have been put together, I usually get bored and have a tough time filling in the minor details that give a painting the polish of completion. It's a labour of love.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Actually, my favourite piece is the entire EoN collection. I can't decide which of the seven I like best! Completing all seven pieces was such an accomplishment for a lazy, unfocused artist like myself. The fact that they feature original characters is the icing on the cake for me. :)

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I love deviantArt because it is a place that combines all skill levels, all styles, all ages, and all cultures. The magic of the internet exposes me to art produced by artists from all walks of life.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
The strangest comment I ever got was on a poem I'd written about an experience I had. A total stranger commented on it with: "Oh yeeeah... this reminds me of..." And all I could think was "What?"





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment