Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

KFoster

Once upon a battleship in a far away land called Gatling Gun, there lived a lusty pirate named Kyle Foster. His syringe was so bionic that all the hookahs of the land were all very jealous. Not only was Kyle fanatical, but also he was also very gifted. Kyle could draw like no other person could. Some said that he was a geek and that his gifts were really ambiguous. One day a glowing sherpa became so sharply solid of Kyle that they decided to curse them with a spell of gonorrhea, which would cause Kyle great futuristicness. The only way for Kyle to break the spell was to terrorize on one foot, while juggling scimitars, and drinking a potion containing ugli fruit, elephants and sphincter. And all would be deadly unless it was sealed with an assassin from his one true love, Alexander the Great. Kyle made a phantasmal recovery and married Alexander and they had 23 children and lived quickly ever after.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
When I paint the hardest part of the process is getting it started. Laying out flats is how I keep each section of the picture organized while I paint so I'm super anal about them. After that it's pretty much smooth sailing, although I don't always achieve the effect I was going for. I'll always tip my hat to the people that can draw well. Painting and coloring seems so much easier than what they do.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Usually my favorite piece is the one I finish last. I'm usually in a position where I can really work on trying to improve myself with each picture, so I'm proudest of the picture I worked on last.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
What draws me to Deviantart is the sheer volume of artists that are on it. You never know who's going to come across your gallery.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I don't have a specific comment that struck me as the strangest. However any comment I get from Tom Jilesen is a winner. Something about a 6'4" hairy ginger from Holland promising to make passionate love to me makes my day.





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment