Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Imaginary--Me

Jessica McCarver is known for her work with horses. Jessie first started drawing when she was only 19 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the ugly pressure of being a child prodigy expeditiously got to her and she had a pretty breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own eye! Jessie found silly inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her kitchen for all the trombones to see! Jessie eventually got married to a cake and they remain together quickly in their stable with their 15 children. Jessie would like to thank Hitler, Gerard Butler and her sugar gliders for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part is coming up with an idea for a photo. The hardest part would be actually getting the photo I imagined. If it doesn't turn out the way I imagined it though, usually I have some other great shots from it.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I love several of my pieces very much all for particular reasons, but I have to say that “lets turn the page” and “you kiss me I kiss sky” are tied for my favorite. “lets turn the page” because I do love the sky and it reminds my of a page of a book, just waiting to be turned to see what’s next and what’s really there. “you kiss me I kiss sky” mostly because of the color of the sky and also the description I gave it. It means something to me. I don’t know if that helps much.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I’ve always been embarrassed to show my work to people and it seemed like the few that I actually did, didn’t appreciate it like I did. On deviantArt people appreciate my work and it feels nice. I also get to see some amazing art that deserves so much more attention than it gets, and in deviantArt I can support those artists.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Lol, that’s easy. On one of my id’s (which is now deleted by the way...not because of the comment) someone left a comment saying that I was an angel, a true gift from god. Then there is at a humping emoticon on it and an angel emoticon. I don’t know why either. I’m not pretty and there wasn’t anything sexual or bad about it. I was just smiling lol.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment