Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blumina

Once upon a pen-nib in a far away land called Rubber, there lived a dry hairpin named Sumi. Her sun was so cold that all the birds of the land were all very jealous. Not only was Sumi frozen, but also she was also very gifted. Sumi could draw like no other person could. Some said that she was a cube and that her gifts were really a round. One day a big sharpener became so automatically quick of Sumi that they decided to curse them with a spell of typhus, which would cause Sumi great colour. The only way for Sumi to break the spell was to paint on one foot, while juggling foam, and drinking a potion containing coconut, axolotl and knees. And all would be in broken unless it was sealed with a flipper from her one true love, Walt Disney. Sumi made a correct recovery and married Walt Disney and they had 2 children and lived artistically ever after.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Mhh when I draw something I start from a sketch and then I make a cleaned-up copy of it. If I'm inspired, the hardest part of that process is making the copied version as expressive as the preliminary sketch. If I have to make a drawing and I'm not inspired the hardest thing is searching for a good idea. I think the easiest thing is making the outlines when I have to make them.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Ohh I've got three! 'Dreams to Dream', 'Maiden FairHair', and 'India' ((SEE BELOW)) because I remember how much fun I had while making them! They didn't bore me as a lot of other drawings did. I can't decide which I like most.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
Well, Deviantart is the biggest and best site I know for sharing art. I've known a lot of people and wonderful artist who inspired me so much and made me get better. I'm grateful to DA for that What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
"that's too watery!" on a watercolour piece. lol, watercolors use water as solvent! I'm sorry but I still don't know how to melt watercolors with..uhm.. sand?





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment