Art Libs on Twitter

Friday, May 15, 2009

NickSirotich

Nick Sirotich is known for her work with chips. Nick first started painting when he was only 55 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the green pressure of being a child prodigy quietly got to him and he had a long breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own baby toe! Nick found wet inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his closet for all the sillies to see! Nick eventually got married to a chair and they remain together crookedly in their popemobile with their zero children. Nick would like to thank Stalin, Madonna and the hamsters for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The hardest part of the artistic process for me is probably the amount of time i have to do work, versus the amount of work I'd like to do. I think I am pretty prolific, I get on average 6-10 pieces done a week but there still isn't enough hours in the day. I often become bored with a piece after a while so I consistently have the urge to do something else. I attribute some of my more ridiculous, hectic, what i refer to as "pile pieces" to a scattered mind and a busy schedule.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I couldn't pick just one piece to call a favorite, I find all my pieces entertaining until they're finished, and then I kinda lose interest and focus on the next one

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I enjoy deviant art because I get feedback from people who don't know me personally and can critique me based solely on portfolio, I like that I can put a piece up and discuss it with other artists, and find new artists that I am inspired by as well.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
An artist friend of mine once told be that when i draw it's like jazz music, I really appreciated that.





Please remember to visit his deviantART page! And remember that these pieces of art are not for public use. If you would like to use them for your own blog or web site, you have to ask permission from the artist. Respect the art and the artists by not stealing the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment