Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Molinda

Molly McCausland is known for her work with bees! Molly first started drawing when she was only 3 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the giggly pressure of being a child prodigy stupidly got to her and she had a bruised breakdown, resulting in her cutting off his own breast! Molly found purple inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her bedroom for all the cucumbers to see! Molly eventually got married to an occasional table and they remain together curvily in their pointed house with their 342 children. Molly would like to thank Hitler, Zac Efron, and the moose for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
It totally depends on my mood. Sometimes I find the concepts come to me, and it's all I can do to stop myself drawing, and sometimes I am creatively dry. The hardest part, for me, is almost always corrections. When you *know* something is horrifically out of proportion but don't want to spend hours fixing it, or even worse when you know something is wrong but can't figure out exactly what. That is incredibly frustrating.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
'I don't believe in Pigeons' without a doubt. I adore 1950s and 60s cartoons - the bright block colours and simple shapes - and had great time letting those inspire me. Process magenta is the most fantastic colour, it just sings.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
The fact that it is so immediate and easy to access - there are so many people who actually talk to each other and support each other... I can honestly say I've made friends on DA I will never lose, friends who I see in the flesh as well as on the screen.

I originally went to DA for the prints. I stayed for the people.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I do strange art. I get strange comments on a regular basis. Usually about bacon.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And remember... the art on this blog belongs to the artists! We have asked permission for these pieces to be up on this site, so if you would like to use them, you MUST ask permission first. Do NOT steal these pieces, respect the art and the artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment