Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lii-chan

Once upon a nun in a far away land called Squeegee, there lived a bratty tree stump named Erin McManness. Her door handle was so toadish that all the keys of the land were all very jealous. Not only was Erin stunning, but also she was also very gifted. Erin could draw like no other person could. Some said that she was fishy and that her gifts were really purple. One day a lacy wart became so gracefully wonky of Erin that they decided to curse them with a spell of malaria, which would cause Erin great spotty. The only way for Erin to break the spell was to skip on one foot, while juggling a pot of gold, and drinking a potion containing daisies, elephants and elbows. And all would be in stumpy unless it was sealed with a doctor from her one true love, Obama. Erin made a gross recovery and married Obama and they had 8 children and lived ridiculously ever after.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
For me, the easiest part of the artistic process is getting inspired. I am inspired by a lot, and most of the time when I'm not doing art, 20 different ideas are floating around in between my eyes. The hardest part comes not only when I have to actually pick and execute an idea, but I have so many elements I want to incorporate, the difficulty is finding the right elements that fit together without making any of them feel left out :P

Which is your favourite piece and why?
It's hard for me to pick my favourite piece. I like different things in all of my work; equally, there are things I would still improve in each work as well. I love making art because each piece is a learning experience; but if I had to pick a favourite, it would be because it was a piece I worked on intensely when I studied in Italy. I think this was the piece where I felt my skills went to the next level, and it's a very special, personal piece to me.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I like devART because one of my greatest joys is creating beauty and sharing it with others. I delight in making art because I can be in the present, with myself and my most inner feelings and inspirations, but also because I want to create something of beauty to inspire others. On the flip side, devART is a great community where everyone can share what they've worked on at all different kinds of skill levels. When I first began, I really valued the crits I got on here... especially because when I started I had never had an art class in my life.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I think the weirdest comment I ever got was actually recently. The viewer said "This is beyond what I'm used to [from you]"; while they clarified for me that it wasn't a bad thing, I keep wondering what exactly it meant, since someone else said it too on another forum, lol.





Please remember to visit her deviantART page! And as always, remember that you must ask permission from the artists to use their work for ANY reason, so please. Respect the art and the artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment