Art Libs on Twitter

Friday, May 22, 2009

Laurart

Once upon a glass in a far away land called Phone, there lived a heavy monkey named Laurart. Her water was so loud that all the towers of the land were all very jealous. Not only was Laurart soft, but also she was also very gifted. Laurart could create art like no other person could. Some said that she was a spider and that her gifts were really bitter. One day a ridiculous machine became so happily powerful of Laurart that they decided to curse her with a spell of cancer, which would cause Laurart great smelliness. The only way for Laurart to break the spell was to jump on one foot, while juggling masks, and drinking a potion containing jasmine, cats and hands. And all would be shiny unless it was sealed with a duster from her one true love, Simon de Beauvoir. Laurart made a kind recovery and married Simon and they had 20 children and lived friendly ever after.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
To me the hardest part is starting a piece. I usually have many ideas, but I don't like to spend much time developing a concept. I'm always too anxious to start painting. If I were more organized and methodic I would define a concept clearly, then draw many sketches of what I want to do, pick one and stick to it after I start. But I skip those steps and that's not always the wise thing to do. But I have a lot of fun doing things my way though, there's a lot of space to improvise and that can be great too.

And the easiest is what follows, mixing the colours and applying them. Finally starting to paint. Not that the technical aspect is really easy, but it's what I enjoy the most and that makes it less difficult.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Hmm, I don't really have a favourite to be honest. There are good and bad things in each piece and sometimes I realy like one but then I change my mind and preffer another one...so yeah, there's not really one I choose above the others.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I joined dA because I was really curious about what people would say about my pictures. And that's basically what I still like about this place. Plus, sometimes people's opinions are really useful and allow me to see things from another point of view.
Not to mention the amount of incredible artists that you can learn from and interact with. And that's something truly priceless.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Um, I don't recall getting any comment out of the usual. Though someone once left a "that's depressing" comment on one of my pictures and I never really knew if that was good or bad! haha





Please make sure to visit her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment