Art Libs on Twitter

Friday, May 29, 2009

Kalamu

Kalamu is known for his work with heroes. Kalamu first started painting when he was only 88 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the withered pressure of being a child prodigy adverbly got to him and he had a fused breakdown, resulting in him cutting off her own mouth! Kalamu found extreme inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in space for all the weaklings to see! Kalamu eventually got married to an android and they remain together amazingly in their dog house with their 9 children. Kalamu would like to thank Henrik Ibsen, Stephen Hawking and a snail for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part of the so-called artistic process is to get totally into - as in, completely absorbed- in your work when inspiration strikes, coincidentally this also happen to be the hardest part when you've been struck by the dreaded art block. Anatomy, perspective, colour theory.... all those things can be very hard indeed, but they can also be learned with a good chunk of good ol' hard work; I've yet to learn how to get out of a dry spell as forcing it away rarely works

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Hard to pick one as I usually end up loathing what I draw within a week or two, but I'm still kind of happy with how this: 'For the Birds' turned out

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
To be honest I'm not much on dA these days as other communities and their attitudes appeal more to me, but way back when I joined I really liked sharing art because I got comments, feed-back, critique and attention from fellow artists and art-lovers. It helped me grow a lot more confident in my art and also shaped what and how I draw today - whether the latter is something good or bad I do not know

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Oh man, no-one beats that one guy who commented with a "oh murr, sexyyy" on a picture with one of my gryphon characters in it. I replied with a slightly confused "uh, what?" and he proceeds to explain how lovely it would be to get a BJ from the gryphon. A gryphon, which is a creature half bird and half feline, and with a very sharp beak. Uh. Yeah. Long live the weirdos, you're truly entertaining (and horrifying, but I can live with that). Keep on truckin'!




Please make sure to check out their deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment