Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Illusionality

Debra is known for her work with knives. Debra first started painting when she was only 80 years old, making she a child prodigy. However, the hollow pressure of being a child prodigy strangely got to her and she had a pink breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own eye! Debra found promiscuous inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her bedroom for all the spoons to see! Debra eventually got married to a fork and they remain together quickly in their cabin with their 44 children. Debra would like to thank Napoleon, Michael Jackson and bunnies for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part is of course coming up with an idea. Now it gets tough when you want to get that idea on paper or in Photoshop. Its very annoying when that happens. And when it does happen (read: it always happens >__> ) I always bail on it, and then after a while I get the hang of it! So it's just time and also determination; being sleepy doesnt work xD But neither does being hyper. LOL

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favorite piece would be..."Stop and Stare", which is my most favorited deviation. I always wanted to try out Manga/Anime, and for a (real) first time I think I did well. But still incorporated a bit of my own style in it. I notice people saying things like: "I can tell it's your style", and not like iI totally ripped it of or something. It's also my most favourite work because I didn't intend it to be like, a GREAT piece. More like a practice-drawing. It's always nice to see people like stuff you never thought would be "attractive" to people. But actually, every piece in my gallery is my favourite. I mean: I MADE IT!!!

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
Well, it's all community! A community where everyone can contact everyone, a (sometimes) loving environment, a way to improve your skills. Also all the resources are very helpful! I could not think things would be any easier without the great range of resources!!

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Oh, uhm well let me search for one xD
"Its, nice, but whats with this emo stuff?!" It made me laugh, cause it sounded so dry People always seem to be hostile towards emo stuff, and I dont get it!! Hahahaha xD





Please make sure to visit her deviantART page! And remember that these pieces of art are not for public use. If you would like to use them for your own blog or web site, you have to ask permission from the artist. Respect the art and the artists by not stealing the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment