Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, May 11, 2009

IBinsanity

Once upon a dog in a far away land called breast, there lived a pokey yard named Chauncy. His card was so drunk that all the joints of the land were all very jealous. Not only was Chauncy old, but also he was also very gifted. Chauncy could draw like no other person could. Some said that he was a pot and that his gifts were really loud. One day a milky dick cheese became so impossibly smelly of Chauncy that they decided to curse them with a spell of syphilis, which would cause Chauncy great luminosity. The only way for Chauncy to break the spell was to fuck on one foot, while juggling shoes, and drinking a potion containing roses, and skunk penis. And all would be in long unless it was sealed with a walk from his one true love, $chix0r. Chauncy made a fat recovery and married $chixor and they had 13 children and lived fornicationally ever after.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
I'd say the easiest part for me is finding inspiration - I see everything through the lens of a camera these days, and can't even go shopping without thinking "HOLY CRAP I NEED THAT PROP!" The hardest part, I think, is developing a personal style so that all of your pieces seem somewhat cohesive. I've struggled for years to find a style to call my own, and even now, while some of my pieces have elements that are clearly identifiable as mine, I'm always trying to perfect it and find a way to make my new works jive with the old.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My piece "Life" ((see below)) is the work that helped me refine my style in terms of macro and kigh-key still life, which has become somewhat of my calling card. It's also one of the few prints that I've sold to local friends, so it's probably the piece that is most highly associated with my style among my local friends.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
Hands down, it's the people. deviantART is a place to learn and teach; to see and be seen; to voice opinions and to hear those of others. The mentality of the community is unlike any I've ever seen, because SO many people are dedicated to furthering the artistic agenda - it's beautiful, really.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
"i like how the focus is to the right, when the subject is about something so far left-wing ;)" - on 'Bohemiana'.





Please make sure to visit his deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment