Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dark Entity

Gauthaman is known for his work with snakes! Gauthaman first started drawing when he was only 5 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the insane pressure of being a child prodigy seriously got to him and he had a marvelous breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own head! Gauthaman found glistening inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his living room for all the hills to see! Gauthaman eventually got married to an actress and they remain together happily in their RV with their 1987 children. Gauthaman would like to thank Caravaggio, Jean-Luc Godard, and the anacondas for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The hardest part for me would be trying to achieve the image I have in mind on to a piece of paper or the digital canvas. There is a very thick line between the mind and the canvas, with every new work I try my best to erase that line. Hopefully one day I'll succeed...
As for the easiest, well... it's the hoping part...

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Gaara ((see below))- I learned a lot of things I never knew before while painting it. For me the fun part is the process. Usually I never plan anything out. I start drawing out a couple of gestures and start painting. I don't know if it's right or wrong but this makes the whole process more spontaneous and fun. Not knowing exactly how it will turn out and finally seeing it take form is strangely satisfying. At the same time I do realize the importance of planning things out and will start it in the near future.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
The one reason I stayed is that every time I see the works of great artists like Adonhis or OmeN2501 I cry... I do. Tears start rolling down when I see their skills and the amount of detail they put into their works. I see people 5 years younger than me come up with crazy art. Seeing so many artists out there working hard and improving drives me to do the same... If you want to get your ego stroked go to deviantART,
if you want your ego to die go to ConceptArt, they are very good at that..

(Who said crying doesn't help?)

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Ah.. Great question, but sadly I have never received any such comments. Although if I did get one it would be nice if it went like this...

"Cool work on snake eyes man..I loved him in Lord of the rings".





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page!

No comments:

Post a Comment