Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, May 18, 2009

Dan-arbro

Once upon a Chuck Norris in a far away land called Adam West, there lived a cartoony 83 named Daniel Pike. His monkey was so hogwartsness that all the light flashes of the land were all very jealous. Not only was Daniel ingenious, but also he was also very gifted. Daniel could draw like no other person could. Some said that he was broccoli and that his gifts were really a complicated. One day a dirty tall ship became so sweetly majestic of Daniel that they decided to curse them with a spell of pancreatitis, which would cause Daniel great joy. The only way for Daniel to break the spell was to row on one foot, while juggling purple pandas, and drinking a potion containing tomatoes, musical walrus and ear lobes. And all would be in silliness unless it was sealed with a pancake from his one true love, Chuck Norris. Daniel made a pillaging recovery and married Chuck Norris and they had like a million children and lived pathetically ever after.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part of the process for me, is that once I get started on something, I have the momentum to finish it, and see through with it to the end. That’s a rare quality for me, because I tend to be the laziest person I know. It’s very easy to get an idea, creatively tackle it, and see it to fruition. The hardest part, is dealing with lack of recognition, and dealing with self-criticism. I feel like my art is rotten (as most artists do). It’s hard feeling like you aren’t good enough. However, I’ve realized it doesn’t take popularity, or immense recognition to be good. In fact, visual art is a broad spectrum of talents I have, and by no means am I headed in a career in drawing. It’s a useful tool for me to better visualize my creative goals.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I don’t really have a favorite to be honest. The pieces I do favour are the ones I put a lot of creative time and energy into. Usually the latest piece I create I seem to admire for a small time, until I am unsatisfied and MUST create another.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
In most parts of my life I am a complete extrovert. I act, sing, and usually am the loud goofball of the bunch willing to do anything for a laugh. However, when it comes to art, I quietly draw and recluse myself from the public. Usually my close friends and family are the only ones to see me do stuff. However, DeviantArt has allowed me to show off my skills to the entire world, without having to worry about a biased opinion from friends. The DA community will give honest opinions, and generally everyone is objective and amazing.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I’ve never really had an overwhelmingly weird amount of comments or statements on my DA account. In fact, I rarely get any comments at all. It can get very discouraging at times, but I don’t let it stop me. Some of the funnier times are when people use to describe my work as plan as it is. It’s very “cartoony” and has great “hogwartness”. I love hearing and getting feedback from people, but it rarely happens I’m afraid





Make sure you stop by and visit his deviantART page! And you can check out his blog The Upchuck Dumptruck! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment