Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Supajoe

Joe Eisma is known for his work with brushes. Joe first started drawing when he only 432 years old, making he a child prodigy. However, the shiny pressures of being a child prodigy handily got to him and he had a worn breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own eye! Joe found gleaming inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his office for all the stylus to see! Joe eventually got married to a statue and they remain together amazingly in their car with their 95 children. Joe would like to thank Andrew Jackson, Kristen Bell and the ocelots for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Definitely the hardest thing is to finally say something is 'done.' As an artist, you're always thinking of ways you could do something better or differently. The ability to just let a piece go can be difficult.
The easiest part (I guess you could say that) would be the rendering process. Once you have everything mapped out, adding to that foundation is a snap once the creativity starts flowing. It's important and time consuming to have the rough or initial part of the drawing done first, but after that, it gets much easier.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I think the Rogue colored pic is my favorite. I grew up with the 1980s run of Uncanny X-men, and she wasn't my favorite character. But recently I've gone back and reread issues of that run and found her to be one of my faves. Also, the pic was colored by my buddy Paul Little, who I've collaborated with here and there, and he always makes my stuff look fantastic.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
It's that word--community. It's a great place to meet artists of all disciplines and be able to have a dialogue with them for critiques and advice. It's a very encouraging place for an artist to be!

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
It was at a convention I was exhibiting at in Tulsa, Oklahoma last year. As I was setting up, some guy (possibly drunk at 9 a.m.) started thumbing through my portfolio. At the time, I had some horror/gory art in it, and this guy told me 'There's not enough blood, man!!' Needless to say, I didn't have an immediate response, as I had several pieces that quite prominently featured blood and gore.





Make sure you visit his deviantART page! And… as always! The art that is on this blog is on this blog with the permission of the artist! They are not up here for you to take and use, so if you would like to use them, make sure you get permission from the artist first!

No comments:

Post a Comment