Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Srulia-nialo

Srulia is known for her work with crackers. Srulia first started painting when she was only 14 years old, making she a child prodigy. However, the silky pressure of being a child prodigy sensually got to her and she had a colourful breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own toes! Srulia found hard-boiled inspiration from the lost limbs and decided to frame them and hang them in her kitchen for all the bandaids to see! Srulia eventually got married to a kitten and they remain together pinkly in their smokehouse with their 3.14 children. Srulia would like to thank Albert Einstein, Marilyn Monroe and the camels for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part of the process for me is when inspiration strikes and all these images and colors and ideas start forming, and spill out of my head onto the page without effort. I love color, I love ink, I love when I am creative.
The hardest part I think is sometimes coming up with an idea, or having an idea, but struggling to bring it to life. I am never ever without an eraser or six to help me along, but even then, the frustration of not being able to get the idea out on paper is difficult to deal with.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favorite piece? I don't think I can narrow it down to just one, but if I had to, I think it would be Friendship ((SEE BELOW)) It was the most challenging piece I've done.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
Why am I hung-up on deviantart? lol My daughter got me hooked on here 4 years ago, and I'm still here. I love the sense of community, even with it's sometimes weird people, and strange rules, and little things like that, but I love the people! I have met so many incredible people, artists, poets, writes, photographers, it's amazing! To be able to see artwork from artists all over the world and talk to them artist to artist without restraints or racism, it's an incredible thing! I have learned so much from them, and I hope they have learned a little from me too!

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
The weirdest comment? I think I deleted some really raunchy ones along the way, and reported some others, but one I remember was a photo that I posted of a tribal belly dance costume I had made, and someone sent me a note that said "I love your bellybutton." Fetish perhaps???? I never replied.





Please remember to visit her deviantART page! And as always, remember that you must ask permission from the artists to use their work for ANY reason, so please. Respect the art and the artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment