Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Screamingdigital

Denys Jaime is known for his work with kisses. Denys first started doing art when he was only 21 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the solid commitment pressure of being a child prodigy hoppingly got to him and he had a splendid breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own eyes! Denys found moody inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his square room for all the teachers to see! Denys eventually got married to a book and they remain together silkily in their house with their 1836 children. Denys would like to thank Nikola Tesla, Alfred Hitchcock and a dog for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
To me the hardest part is when you have visualized an idea in your mind or on paper etc, to apply it and then no matter how much effort you put into it it still does not feel right. You have to work around it and try to find a comfort zone that can ease the process. Sometimes I can feel immensely creative but the outcome is unfortunately not always the same. Being confident and persistent and being a perfectionist helps out though.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I always liked my work titled "Kingdom of Sorrows".

The reason I liked it was because I playing the ideas of the game Kingdom Hearts in my head with some lyrics from my favorite metal band Kamelot, song titled "until kingdom come", weird mix of ideas but I think it showed the concept pretty well, although at this point my manipulation needed help and practice. I like to think I have gotten better over time.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
Well great question, I honestly do not post my work here to get famous, to get views, and favorites. I do it because I honestly want to positive and negative feedback on my work. Is crucial point of improving and getting better. As you can tell I do not post work everyday nor do I intend to. My busy schedule does not help me, I do art as leisure and i truly enjoy it but I can not commit 100% to art all the time, is impossible to me. Again they're are some great under appreciated artists out there that deserve more exposure I hope that there is an easier method to getting your art recognized.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Well on a piece a long time ago someone pasted a whole paragraph they wrote about this sci-fi concept I did, it was funny in a weird way. I like to thank the person for being creative I guess, in a weird but nerdy kind of way.
'Commander this is alpha 1, im entering the subspace portal at 1300 hours''
''Roger that alpha 1, keep your head up, we dont know whats on the other side''
''rog..**interference**''
And so the valiant pilots of the Alpha I squadron were lost into the subspace portal. The highger dirigant of the galactic empire, were discussing the possible rescue operation, but their ressources were too low to risk losing more mens. The 4 pilots were then declared MIA and in a completely hostile unkown environnement.
Very nice peice, i love shiney blue things that reminds me of subspace portals and that lightning effect rocks






Please make sure to check out more of his art on his deviantART page! And as always, you need permission to use these pieces of art! If you would like to use them for any reason, including putting them up on another web site, you need to get permission from the artist first!

No comments:

Post a Comment