Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nayruasukei

Now, we have changed the format of the features! We are now doing a fun little paragraph where we asked the artists to give us words to fill in the blanks (basically... it's like mad libs!)! So this is our very first one, so I hope you enjoy and find it fun!

Kittie Peters is known for her work with antennae. She first started drawing when she was only 42 years old, making her a child prodigy! However, the long pressure of being a prodigy swimmingly got to her and she had a supple breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own life-affirming jumblees! Kittie found crusty inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her oval office for all the slowpokes to see! Kittie eventually got married to a poop and they remain together lethargically in their mouth-shaped home with their 86 children. Kittie would like to thank JFK, Lil’ Jon, and the anteaters for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Easiest? I've come to realize through classes and whatnot that the human form is something I can REALLY do quickly. I've been told a lot I'm like a human copying machine because hair, curves, and features seem to be so well-practiced. (Proof that practice is worth it!)
As for hardest... I have a hard time making things photo-realistic; likely because of my formed "gift" of just KNOWING how things should look. I often make assumptions, such as "a mouth looks like this" rather than "this persons mouth is shaped like this". You just have to take your time! Every artwork has the potential to be a masterpiece, it's all about when the artist calls it "complete."

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I would have to go with an older piece of mine called Harajuku.
This is what I like to call "soul art"-- it just flowed out from my fingertips, and I couldn't have loved it (and the meaning behind it) more.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I've been doing art since I can remember. Literally, my whole life is art. Every little thing I do pertains to some sort of it; and so deviantART really lets me connect and grow. I'd never be the same artist I am now if it weren't for it. What motive would I have to create if I couldn't share it with anyone?

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I've been on dA for 6 years now, and have had too many strange comments to EVER recall one in particular... I've had engrish ("CAN TO HAS PLES???????") racial/religious harassments, admins asking me if I'm crazy, and even people tell me they've masturbated to photos of me and my art.

Something that got me more than anything was a 12-year-old (too young to even be on dA) noting me to say that I was their main inspiration in life. They said they studied all my art memes individually at least once a day, and would use my jokes and terms commonly in daily life with intention to grow up exactly like me. Half of me was flattered and heartwarmed; the other half was horrified that a 12 year old was looking at such racy art and bad language! Mature Content filters rendered useless, I guess xD





Please make sure to go and check out her deviantART page! And as always! Remember that we have received permission to post samples of these works up on the site! They are not here to be taken and used, so if you would like to use them for something else, make sure you ask permission from the artist FIRST. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment