Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, April 20, 2009

Mimi-na

Today's artist is mimi-na from deviantART! She has taken the time to answer our questions and allow us to grace this blog with some of her art!

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Easiest part: Thinking of a neat idea and making a mental note to remember it when I next sit down to draw something.
Hardest part: Remembering it. Because my memory likes to screw with me and hide my ideas in the particularly dirty cracks of my brain-sofa.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Ugh, that's like asking a parent to name their favourite child or Simon Cowell the worst singer ever to assault his ears. Impossible.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
Honestly? As a hard-nosed, canny professional, Devart is easily one of the biggest consumer audiences you can find. No matter what you draw, there WILL be people out there who will like it and if you are GOOD, they will flock in FAST.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
That would have to be the odd man-child who seemed to delight in informing me he was taking my Disney pinups to retouch off the watermarks. Either he was being a colossal douche or he was just THAT stupid, it was hard to tell. I asked him testily(but politely) to please NOT do that, and he just called me a great big meanie and that he had SUCH a horrible life I had no business telling him what not to do with MY ART.
I wouldn't say it amused me at all, but it did strike me as strange.





Please visit her deviantART page! Always remember that this art has been put up here with PERMISSION from the artist. It is NOT acceptable to take other people's art and use it. So if you would like to use it for your site or for whatever reason, make sure that you ask permission FIRST!

No comments:

Post a Comment