Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, April 27, 2009

Faelenath

Bettina is known for her work with brushes. Bettina first started painting when she was only 3 years old, making she a child prodigy. However, the bright pressure of being a child prodigy vivdly got to her and she had a golden breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own thumb! Bettina found warm inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her study for all the cupboards to see! Bettina eventually got married to her desk and they remain together quietly in their shed with their 28 children. Bettina would like to thank William Shakespeare, Danny Elfman and the parrots for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
It changes, depending on my mood. Sometimes I find getting ideas to be extremely challenging, and sometimes I find that my hand just doesn't want to draw or paint what I want it to just right. In saying that though, I absolutely love colours and find choosing the colour scheme quite simple. By far the most difficult part of the artistic process for me, though, is looking at my final product, taking a step back and trying not to utterly criticise it.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favourite piece of my own art is The Sunfruit Tree, as it is probably one of my most imaginative pieces so far - I really enjoyed twisting the limbs of the tree through the use of lines, dotting the sky with stars, and creating a story between the tiny spirits of the stars and the fruit of the tree. I feel it is quite ethereal and magical, and I am really proud of this piece.

In regards to the work of other artists, I simply cannot choose just one! I adore work of John Howe and Allan Lee (the concept artists behind the Lord of the Rings movies), the entire concept art team at Blizzard Entertainment, FionaMeng on deviantART, TubaQueen on deviantART, and Raindropmemory (also on deviantART) - just to name a few.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
deviantART was the first art community that I joined, and I joined because I was tired of being an artist by myself; a person part of no club or group or any kind of artistic community. Where I live, it is rare to find modern visual art groups in practice, so I turned online to share my art, and view the works of other blossoming artists and members of the visual art community. I feel deviantART is unique because it has such a large community of equal minded artists, who collectively share a love of art and all things creative. I have not found such a large art community anywhere else online.


What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I haven't received any weird or strange comments; however, one fellow artist commented 'The yellow and cyan together is just eyegasmic!' about my piece 'Vale of the Fairy Wrens', which made me laugh. That is an awesome play on words.





Please make sure to visit her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment