Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blvd-Square

Jenna Smith is known for her work with cookies! Jenna first started drawing when she was only 16 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the teeny pressure of being a child prodigy robotizingly got to her and she had a sticky breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own pinky! Jenna found loopy inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her attic for all the unicorns to see! Jenna eventually got married to Mojo Jojo and they remain together singingly in their tree house with their 5 children. Jenna would like to thank Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater, Vegeta, and the robots for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
I think with each new project come challenges, sometimes the challenges are easy to over come and sometimes they take up to a week, month or year to iron out. I think all aspects of art are hard, but if there is an easy part to it, it would be listening to music while I work.

Which is your favorite piece and why?
I really like the concept behind my "Cookie & Yarn" piece. The two characters, Cookie and Yarn, remind me of Laurel and Hardy or the Odd Couple. Right now, I'm in the process of exploring and writing these character's stories down so I can't reveal too much, but they are a lovely pair. Just from that one illustration, I think the extreme contrasts of their physical appearance from one another catches both your attention and curiosity. There is a connection between them, but what that connection is, no one knows quite yet.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
The layout of the site is really nice and user friendly. Most folks hate how big this site is in terms of users, but I actually like that part of DA. Almost everyday, I discover a new artist whose work just blows my mind. It's just full of surprises, you never know who you might find. Also, I like the feedback I get from my watchers; they're fantastic people and their positive feedback always keeps me coming back.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I had a few comments about how some folks wished my art smelled good, or wishing they could smell my work. This was in regards to my art looking good enough to eat.





Make sure to check out her deviantART page! And please remember that these pieces belong to the artists! To even re-post these on your own blog, you need permission from the artist! So be respectful and do not steal art!

2 comments: