Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Blithegirl

Elsa is known for her work with pickles. Elsa first started drawing when she was only 160 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the ecstatic pressure of being a child prodigy gently got to her and she had a painful breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own ear lobe! Elsa found slippery inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her attic for all the honeycomb to see! Elsa eventually got married to a coconut shell and they remain together gracefully in their doghouse with their 42 children. Elsa would like to thank Abraham Lincoln, Miley Cyrus, and the cuttlefish for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part is doing it, the hardest part is coming up with a great idea.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favorite piece in my gallery currently is a piece I did called "Like A Lollipop"
where I drew my character as an outlaw character based off the graphic novel, Tank Girl. I enjoy the piece because the lines are done traditionally with ink and then colored digitally which is something I rarely do and it works well with this piece. Also I'm really pleased with her facial expression.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I would have to say the diversity of artists on the site. You've got fine artists, photographers, digital painters, professional artists, amateur artists, and people who draw for a hobby. Its a great place to pick up influence and really open your eyes to what other type of art is out there. I share my work to entertain people because that's essentially what I want to do is to be an entertainment artist and deviant art is a great starting point and a great place for practice.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
It's hard to remember specific comments because I get quite a few per day but I have to say the comments I enjoy the most are from friends and people who enjoy my work. They really put extra effort into commenting and I appreciate that.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And everyone must remember that these pieces of art belong to the artist! If you would like to use them for anything, please make sure you ask them! The links to the artists are available on this blog, so please don't steal art!

No comments:

Post a Comment